Welcome to Year 2
Hello and welcome to the Year 2 Class Page!
Summer Term - 1
Hello Parents and Carers,
As you are aware, we are currently preparing for the KS1 SATS assessments which will be taking place in May. Please check Google Classroom weekly, I have uploaded some helpful resources and will continue to do this each week. Below you will find my 'Top 5 Tips' on how you can support your child with their general learning and how you can support your child with their general learning and help prepare them for the SATs.
- Encourage, praise and celebrate your child's progress. It is important that our children believe in themselves and know that we will always be proud of them when they have tried their best
- Read with your child daily and ask them reading skills questions using the reading dogs question prompts
- Practice the weekly spellings with your child (and the spellings from previous weeks). Define unknown words with your child. Once they know the meaning of new words, they are more likely to use it in their written and spoken sentences. Practicing using new words will lead them to spelling these words correctly
- Encourage your child to logon to 'Mathletics'
- Encourage your child to play 'Hit the Button'
Important dates for this term:
Monday 23rd May - Friday 27th May: KS1 SATs
PE Days - Mondays & Fridays
Please ensure that your child comes prepared for these days by bringing a bag with their PE kit to school in a bag (white t-shirt, black bottoms and black trainers). Please note that school uniform should be worn to school on Mondays and Fridays.
Book Bags / Reading
Please be mindful to send your child to school with their book bag and reading record on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On these days, we will be changing books, recording and asking children to summarise what they have read. Please read daily with your child for at least 15 minutes. Daily reading will develop your child's love of reading as well as their reading and writing skills
Each week your child will be given spellings and a maths 'learn it' piece of homework. Each Friday, we will have a spelling test and maths 'learn it' test. Every Friday, homework will be uploaded to Google Classroom and your child is expected to submit this work by the following Wednesday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to make an appointment to meet with me.
Curriculum Map - Year 2
If you would like more information about the curriculum SPSM follows, please ask your child's class teacher. Thank you.