Welcome to Year 1
Hello and welcome back to our fantastic page!
I am Miss Lekka and together with Rana, Carol, Semra and Flo we will try to make learning as much fun as possible! We will have cross-curricular lessons throughout the term.
So, for this half term, our topic will be 'Toys'. We will enjoy learning about different types of materials we use in our everyday life (let's have fun trying to explore what's in our house as well!). We will also explore different kinds of activities, such as going for a Woodland Walk!
Here is what we will be focusing on specifically:
- Literacy: Fiction books
- Numeracy: Numbers to 100 - Addition and Subtraction
- Science: Everyday Materials
- Art and D&T: Modelling - Constructions
- RE and PSHE: Islamic faith - Wellbeing
- ICT: Online safety
- Log on every day to Google Classroom
- Please follow the timetable above
- Feel free to enjoy our Mathletics daily race, as well as our daily Reading Buddies adventures!
- It is also a good opportunity to write as much as possible. I have already started saving money for the HUGE prize for the best school closure Diary!
I hope this clarifies the process to be followed; in case of any additional information or further clarifications needed, please get in touch.
Thank you in advance for the time devoted. All my very best wishes to our Year 1 Thinkers!
They should know that they are truly missed. Year 1 learners, these are very unusual times and when this is all over, you will be telling your children about the time that our brilliant community overcame a huge challenge, how we stuck together to help and care for each other. You will also tell them how brave you have been. So be brave and try to continue protecting yourselves and the ones you love.