Our PSHCE curriculum supports and educates children how to...
- Be healthy
- Be safe
- Respect all individuals and appreciate the range of cultures and backgrounds that surround us
- Become responsible members of their local and wider community
- Identify and engage in positive relationships and raise their awareness of unhealthy relationships and what they should do if they find themselves in such a relationship
- Identify that there are different types of families
- Identify and learn about the various stages of growth and development
- Be economically literate
- Aspire for the future and prepare for the wider world
It is our priority that our PSHCE curriculum meets the children's needs mentally and emotionally. Through lessons and circle times, children learn the importance of talking about their feelings and are frequently given opportunities to articulate their emotions and how they are feeling. We also highlight what factors lead us to having good mental health and what children need to do if they are struggling with their own mental health.